Aug 12, 2016
Superfoods come in all different shapes and sizes. In this blog, we’ll look at various fruits and explain why they belong in the category of “super-fruit.” In order to to be deemed “super,” the fruits need to be full of antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. All in all, these fruits should help you feel great and live longer. Luckily, most of these superfruits are very accessible. They can be found at your local grocery store or farmer’s market.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Here is why that cliche statement is absolutely true! Apples are:
- A great source of soluble and insoluble fiber
- High in vitamin C and B-complex vitamins (riboflavin, thiamin, and vitamin B-6)
- Bountiful with phytonutrients and antioxidants, which have been linked to optimal growth, development, and overall wellness.
- Bananas: Famously loaded with potassium, bananas are also one of the best sources of Resistant Starch, a healthy carb that helps you feel full and boosts your metabolism. On top of that, bananas can help combat depression, cure hangovers, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, and even blindness.
- Grapefruits: As a cross between an orange and a pomelo, grapefruits can range in taste from very bitter, to sweet and sugary. Many studies have suggested that grapefruits can decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. This super-fruit is also one of the most hydrating fruits in the world, made up of 91% water, and is full of important electrolytes. If you’re looking for a revitalized look, grapefruits can help you fight skin damage caused by the sun, reduce wrinkles, and improve your overall complexion.
- Blueberries: Lastly, blueberries are your go-to super-fruit for memory and overall brain function. This is due to the high amounts of phenols, which can protect our brains from degeneration, and neurotoxicity. Blueberries can also help combat age, support digestion, and benefit the skin.
Incorporating these superfruits into your diet will help with your overall quality of life. These fruits are extremely common and should be easy for you to retrieve. Are you ready to give them a shot? Once you incorporate these superfruits into your diet, you’ll never want to go back!