Aug 29, 2016
The paleo diet has become more and more popular in recent years. Due to the amount of information out there regarding the harmful chemicals and preservatives put into our consumer foods, it’s no wonder why people have made the switch to a diet that the first humans on Earth would most likely eat. If you’re interested in starting a paleo diet routine, here are a few guidelines that you should be aware of.
- High Fat, Low Carbs, And A Medium Dosage Of Protein
- A paleo diet may be different than what you might see in a recently-made diet plan. You need to eat high amounts of saturated fats, such as coconut oil, butter, avocado, and macadamia oil. A decent amount of animal protein is also required, such as red meat, poultry, pork, and wild-caught fish.
- No Cereal Or Grains
- That’s right! No more wheat, rye, barley, oats, rice, corn, beans, or peas!
- No Added Sugar Or Soft Drinks
- This one might go without saying, but no soda or packaged sweets. Cavemen didn’t have access to these food items, so you can’t either. Besides, they aren’t too healthy for you. While they may be viewed as healthy, fruit juices are also to be avoided.
- Eat When You Feel Like It
- There’s this notion that we need to have three meals a day. Throw that out the window. Eat when you’re hungry and don’t stress out if you skip a meal or two. Do what feels most natural to you.
- Embrace The Outdoors
- Have fun in the sun! Make sure you go outside and enjoy yourself!
There are some guidelines to living a paleo diet life. Do you think you can handle a lot of protein and no carbs? What about elimination sugary foods from your diet? If you think you got what it takes, then you strongly consider trying it out. Many people have tried a paleo lifestyle and have never looked back.